Thursday, January 28, 2010

what a yucky day..

Today probably wasn't the best day for my second posting.. I had a tummy bug all day :( unfortunately I also shared my bug with my partner Ant. Sharing is caring right :)

Rather than talking about my boring/horrible day I will introduce myself.

hmmmm... where to start?.. Well as my profile says I'm 25 and have a wonderful partner. His name is Ant. We met when I was in uni, 6 years ago! It still shocks me at the length of time we have been together! I love him lots and lots and we currently live in Bris. I also have a fat cat called Missy. She's 4 1/2yrs old and her full name is Mischief. I called her that because when I went to pick her up when I bought her the pet shop assistant admitted that when they came into the shop that morning she had somehow managed to escape from her padlocked cage! Then when I got her home (I was living with a few flatmates who had jack Russell terrier's) she jumped right out of my arms and tried to crash-tackle one of the dogs! lol She is a bit of a fatty now but still loves to play :) here's a pic:



I currently work in the admin department of an insurance company. I was in the contact centre for 1 1/2yrs and 6 months ago I moved to my current role. I LOVE it! Sure, insurance may not be the most interesting subject, but I work with a great team and I have a lot of fun.

I'm also currently doing weight watchers. No, that's not the right way to say it. on 03/01/10 weight watchers became a part of my daily life. I have had 3 weigh-ins so far and have lost 2.3kgs (YAY for me!) In the last 3 1/2 weeks I have only gone over my daily points allowance twice (and one of those was today, oops) but they have both been covered by saved points. My REAL downfall is exercise. The fact that I don't do much that is...

Anyways I'm off, enough ramblings for me tonight :)

Serin xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Serin
    When I started with WW (3 months ago), I was injured and couldn't do any exercise. Within 2 months, i had lost enough weight for my injury to be almost gone and I found being smaller (if i could ever call myself that!) I am more comfortable exercising now anyway. I have been exercising A LOT for 1 month...and have gone from being able to walk only, to jogging 2.5km non stop.

    The exercise will come when you feel comfortable. You will still lose weight by focusing on food alone, I think I lost about 8kg before I started exercising.
    But I think once you have lost that initial bit, your body wants more of the good healthy stuff...and you will be ready!

    Start slow...and find something you really like! I haven't joined a gym, i would prefer to walk/jog outdoors then on a treadmill. I also like to talk so I joined a group training session. If you like it you will do it!

    good luck with it all!
    I will stop my ramblings now! :)

    ReplyDelete